From: Stefan Seiz <TalkLists@index-s.de>
Subject: Re: Apple iPhone won't receive email
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 08:13:34 +0200
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
On 24.09.2007 16:48 Uhr, Daniel Pratt <dpratt@wi.rr.com> wrote:

> Once I select "Allow Mobile User to Login", no one, even if they are in the
> Client IP Addresses list, will be able to receive their email until I setup
> SMTP Auth on their machine. Correct?

Incorrect. "Alllow Mobile Users to Login" is a prerequisite
(/Guide/AntiSpam.html) to allow users not on your LAN to access your server.

You then decide to "Process as a Client IP Address" which lets them SEND
after they authenticated via POP or IMAP (when getting their mail) or use
SMTP-Auth (much preferred) to authenticate when users SEND mail.

SMTP-Auth however has nothing to do with users "receive" their mail. It is
for sending through your server only.

--
Stefan Seiz <http://www.stefanseiz.com>
Spamto: <bin@imd.net>