From: Thom O'Connor <thom@communigate.com>
Subject: Re: [CGP-Update] [*] CommuniGate Pro 5.1.12 is released
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 09:48:43 -0700
To: <cgatepro@communigate.com>
From:   Paul Chauvet

> On Thu, 2007-09-20 at 09:27 -0400, Andy Kunkle wrote:
>> What about my question about Ubuntu 64-bit system??
>>
> Hi Andy,
>
> If you're running a version of Linux that doesn't use RPMs, you'll want:
>
> CGatePro-Linux-Intel-Version.tgz
>
> so for the most recent version:
> CGatePro-Linux-Intel-5112.tgz
>
> From:
> http://www.communigate.com/communigatepro/#Current
>
> its the "Linux (non-rpm)" option.

If your system is under significant load (over 1024 concurrent file
descriptors required), you are probably better off converting the RPM
version of CommuniGate Pro. The "alien" package converter should work
for this - here is one online reference though I'm sure there are many
others:

http://ubuntu.wordpress.com/2005/09/23/installing-using-an-rpm-file/

The tgz version is statically compiled while the RPM version is a
dynamically compiled binary. The dynamically compiled version is
recommended when it can be used, as it can then be configured according
to the limits of the operating system you use, and therefore will have
much higher performance capacity.

Good luck, sincerely,
 -t