From: Peter Clark <peter.clark@innoviatech.com>
Subject: Re: Apple iPhone won't receive email
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 13:22:27 +0100
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Any idea if CGate will ever support the IMAP Push that iPhone supports?

 - Peter

On Sep 20, 2007, at 12:35 AM, Dave Pooser wrote:

For some reason there are settings that you can't
configure and the sync takes care of.  SSL for IMAP and SMTP are
among the settings.

Actually, those settings can both be configured through the phone's Settings
app, under "Mail" on a per-account basis. It defaults to using the standard
IMAPS port (993) but defaults to using port 25 for SMTP; both can be
overridden by appending the port to the end of the hostname, separated by a
colon: "host.example.com:587" for instance.

(I just got my iPhone and went through that problem. My biggest difficulty:
it's hard to type a complex password on the on-screen keyboard. I typoed the
first time and thought I had an SSL problem when it was really just a bad
password.)
-- Dave Pooser
Cat-Herder-in-Chief
Pooserville.com