From: Nicolas Hatier <nicolas.hatier@niversoft.com>
Subject: Re: certificates for client domains
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 17:53:41 -0400
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>

This will work only if each sub-domain is on a different IP address.

The ssl negotiation happens before the http data about the requested domain could be sent, CGP is forced to use the certificate tied to the main domain using that IP address. You will find the same problem in Apache if you try to use virtualhosts in SSL mode.

Regards,
Nicolas Hatier

Kurt Albershardt wrote:
We are using a certificate for *.nv.net as the main cert for the server (licensed as nv.net) and that seems to work fine.

I have installed several certificates for client domains (e.g. mail.es-ee.com) but when I access <https://mail.es-ee.com> the browser is presented with the *.nv.net cert instead of the one I installed in the client domain 'Security' page/realm.

Did I miss something?

--thanks

--

Nicolas Hatier