From: Brian Gibson <bgibson@wheatonma.edu>
Subject: Re: Question about Outlook Mail
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 12:22:37 -0400
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Outlook hides the messages in the Inbox instead of really deleting them which is kind of a pain but I think it is acting correctly according to the IMAP standard. What I ended up doing was adding a trash folder to the folder shortcuts area in Outlook and suggested to our 1 Outlook user that instead of selecting to delete a message that he drag it over to the trash folder instead. Also, I added a "Purge" button to the task bar, I can't remember off hand where it is under the headings but having it appear as a button at the top helped.

We ended up moving people over to Thunderbird with IMAP and they love it. There is an option in the "Config Editor" within Thunderbird to expunge the Inbox whenever you delete a message, this helped a lot.

Mike Sanker wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I am Using Communigate PRO on HP-UX.

I get many calls about people that delete items using IMAP in Outlook.
They complain that they get a red line through the email and that it is marked for deletion but never gets deleted.  The try and "compress" the folder to no avail.

They end up having to go into web mail and deleteing these items.

Is anyone else having this problem?

thanks in advance for your help,

this forum is great

Mike Sanker