From: Patrick Sneyers <cgpro@bulckens.com>
Subject: Re: SpamHaus listing of CommuniGate servers
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 09:01:17 +0200
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>

Hi Paul,
A simple lookup with DNS of dolphin.fr finds no A record, though an MX
record has to exist.
I will check that with our provider. However, I see no issues listed using:

http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/dnsreport.ch?domain=dolphin.f

When your server issues a HELO/EHLO, it is most likely identifying itself
as dolphin.fr.

Yes.

It doesn't
213.244.14.202 claims to be:
220 mailgate.dolphin.fr - SMTP ESMTP Service ready

mailgate.dolphin.fr  doesn't exist (no A-record)

You need to  set up an A-record for mailgate.dolphin.fr -> 213.244.14.202
You coulde make serveur.dolphin.fr a cname to mailgate.dolphin.fr

Patrick Sneyers

The A record for dolphin.fr does not HAVE to point to your mail server,
but it has to point SOMEWHERE.  Most likely it should be pointing to the
same system as www.dolphin.fr - otherwise you have more than just mail
problems.  You're leaving out people trying to get to your site without
www (which a LOT of people do).

Using just http://dolphin.fr does point to www.dolphin.fr in a web browser though.

However, www.dolphin.fr and serveur .dolphin.fr are two different servers.

Another problem could be that you cannot be reverse connected to.  All
of your MX servers (listed below) are not responding on port 25.

serveur.dolphin.fr
relay1.completel.fr
relay2.completel.fr

I don't have any issue connecting on port 25 of these servers. serveur.dolphin.fr is our main MX and the last two are backup servers from our provider (Completel).

Best regards,
Gilles

Paul Chauvet
UNIX/Linux Systems Administrator
State University of New York at New Paltz
845-257-3828
chauvetp@newpaltz.edu