From: Andy Kunkle <akunkle@aimengr.com>
Subject: authRADIUS.pl for Active Directory (IAS) authentication
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 09:55:17 -0400
To: 'CommuniGate Pro Discussions' <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
I may be grabbing at straws here but I'm trying to figure out a good way to
authenticate to my Active Directory server. Just to update, I've got
Kerberos working for those computers in the office, as well as the
authLDAP.pl working for authentication in clear-text, but I have found no
way for my users that are not on the VPN to use Pronto without actually
having the user's AD password somehow replicated over to the CGPro server.

I was doing a little research and found the authRADIUS.pl script. I
installed IAS on my 2003 machine, and enabled reversible encryption for my
user account. Has anyone else tried to do this with any slice of luck? Or,
is there a cgpradius script written somewhere that will work along with the
helper to do the authentication?

Really, this may not be the best solution, but I've had ZERO luck going down
the path of authentication using SASL and the new authLDAPNew2.pl script. I
would think that CommuniGate would have something out of the box that would
just work as I cannot be the only person trying to do this in a secure
fashion using Pronto.

Ideas??

Andy Kunkle
IT Administrator