From: Christian B. Ellsworth Capo <k@ellsworth.cl>
Subject: authMigrate.pl unexpected side effects and behaviors
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 17:15:11 -0400
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
I was playing around with the authmigrate.pl CGS script to copy account from one server to another (i was building a server for a trining and presentation) and I found a couple of unexpected effects.

- IPF.appointment, IPF.notes... etc  folders are treated and copied as email folders. not calendar, tasks notes or anything else.  is this expected on a Move IMAP process? i guess it is... any way to fix that up? after migrated? a way in the admin view to change the folder properties?

The remote subscribed folders are copied as well ( IE: "~office/meeting_room_1st_floor"  is a shared meeting room calendar) and is copied as a message folders.

so if a migrate a 200 user server to another server i'll have 200 copies of the shared folders.

- i guess there is no news in here, and i should've guessed , but i found this particularly unexpected.

any suggestions?

K.Ellsworth