From: John Rudd <jrudd@ucsc.edu>
Subject: Speaking of CGP and Spam....
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 10:28:44 -0700
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>

In the last month or two we've had 3 cases of independent sites in Africa compromising 3 different accounts (3 total, not 9 total ... 1 per site) and using them to send spam.  All of the reported messages came through webmail, but I'm sure if I just limited their webmail access they'd start using SMTP-Auth.

So, this leads to: any other CGP sites seeing this same thing?  the CGP webmail interface is pretty specific, so I would expect to see this pop up with other CGP sites instead of it just being lost in a sea of random webmail sites.