From: Michael Wise <spiski@okean.com>
Subject: Re: SpamHaus listing of CommuniGate servers
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2007 14:30:09 -0700
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>

On 2007.09.07 13:58 PDT (UTC -7) Jakob Peterhänsel wrote:

Den 07/09/2007 kl. 11.24 skrev Stefan Seiz:
I guess if you simply setup your DNS with an A-Record for dolphin.fr which
points to your CGP Server (i assume that will be the IP of
serveur.dolphin.fr), the problem will be fixed.

Ahh, that would be BAD practice, as, according to RFC's that is not legal!

Yes, I know, a lot do it anyway, but it you really wanna conform to rules, it's a no-go.

set you RDNS to mail.domain.tld or serv.domain.tld

for mail, you set the MX for the domain.tld..

Which RFC is that against? There's no RFC that I'm aware of that states one cannot or should not have an A record in the syntax of domain.tld pointing to their mail server.

--Mike