From: Bret Miller <bret.miller@wcg.org>
Subject: RE: SpamHaus listing of CommuniGate servers
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2007 08:44:49 -0700
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
> Our domain has been listed in SpamHaus CBL for incorrect HELO name
> response. Is anyone else having this problem as well?
>
> Stalker support replied that "According to the RFC2821 the
> HELO domain
> and reverse DNS entry mismatch should be used only for logging
> purposes", that SpamHaus was wrong and that nothing would be
> changed in
> Communigate Server (which means that we can not be delisted without
> SpamHaus changing their policy).
>
> This is pretty critical and any help is appreciated.

Yeah, and if there are any evaluators on the list, when you go to purchase your license, if it's single-server, you really should consider licensing it to the host FQDN instead of the domain name since there are many servers that violate the intent of the RFC and do reject mail when HELO doesn't match RDNS. With both sides being stubborn about their policies, it's just best to work around it.

Bret