From: Technical Support, Stalker Labs <support@stalker.com>
Subject: Re: [*] McAfee plugin 3.8 released
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2007 18:07:48 +0400
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Hello,
 Juergen Georgi on 07.09.2007 12:46 wrote:

Hi,

On Fri 2007-09-07 (05:34), Technical Support, Stalker Labs wrote:
Hello,
 Juergen Georgi on 06.09.2007 17:56 wrote:

On Tue 2007-09-04 (09:20), freddy.frouin@bt.com wrote:
It looks like the archive for Intel has some data in wrong path:

CGPMcAfee/engine/engine/ instead of CGPMcAfee/engine/
CGPMcAfee/avvdat/avvdat/ instead of CGPMcAfee/avvdat/
It was an error in the packer of 3.8, it should be fixed in 3.9

It was fixed in the Linux package. The v3.9 Solaris tar ball is still broken.

Thank you, should be fixed already.

In addition there have been changes to the ld paths in libsunfv.so:
        libCrun.so.1 =>  /lib/libCrun.so.1
[...]
Please avoid hidden changes like this.
Sorry, the libsubfv.so is from McAfee and we didn't know about such changes.

This change will probably hit other installations as well.
In Solaris 8, there is /usr/lib/libCrun.so.1 and /lib/libCrun.so.1, because /lib is a symlink to /usr/lib.

In Solaris 10 however, /lib/libCrun.so.1 doesn't exist at
all, there is only /usr/lib/libCrun.so.1.

Maybe you can mention the change in the release notes.
And tell McAfee to fix libsubfv.so.

The plugin was compiled under Solaris 8 so we didn't see any errors; I will pass your notes to McAfee about Solaris 10.

--
Sincerely,
Roman