From: Gerry Aquino <gwaquino@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Logs
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2007 08:51:58 -0500
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
You can use---

H:\>find /?
Searches for a text string in a file or files.

FIND [/V] [/C] [/N] [/I] [/OFF[LINE]] "string" [[drive:][path]filename[ ...]]

  /V         Displays all lines NOT containing the specified string.
  /C         Displays only the count of lines containing the string.
  /N         Displays line numbers with the displayed lines.
  /I         Ignores the case of characters when searching for the string.
  /OFF[LINE] Do not skip files with offline attribute set.
  "string"   Specifies the text string to find.
  [drive:][path]filename
             Specifies a file or files to search.

or better- download unix utilities ported to Win32-

and grep, sed and dig all you want!

HTH,

Gerry