From: Stefan Seiz <TalkLists@index-s.de>
Subject: Re: SpamHaus listing of CommuniGate servers
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2007 11:24:14 +0200
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
On 07.09.2007 11:12 Uhr "Gilles Depeyrot" <gsd@dolphin.fr> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It is XBL. We get the following:
>
> 213.244.14.202 is not listed in the SBL
>
> 213.244.14.202 is not listed in the PBL
>
> 213.244.14.202 is listed in the XBL, because it appears in:
> CBL <http://cbl.abuseat.org/lookup.cgi?ip=213.244.14.202>
> Our domain is dolphin.fr, Communigate Server HELO naturally issues dolphin.fr
> and SpamHaus considers this as incorrect because neither in the form
> [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] or server.domain.
>
> According to SpamHaus:
> "
> The listings that land in this page are:
> HELO "localhost", "localhost.localdomain", and other generic "unconfigured"
> names.
> HELOs that are bare IP addresses (without enclosing square brackets).
> It should be the fully qualified domain name for your mail server or an IP
> address enclosed in square brackets.
> "
>
> and apparently SpamHaus only accepts one of the two below:
> #5.1.1 SMTP; 550 Your HELO name for IP address 1.2.4.6 was "[1.2.4.6]"
> #5.1.1 SMTP; 550 Your HELO name for IP address 1.2.4.6 was "mail.example.com"
> Best regards,
> Gilles

I guess if you simply setup your DNS with an A-Record for dolphin.fr which
points to your CGP Server (i assume that will be the IP of
serveur.dolphin.fr), the problem will be fixed.

The problem seems to be, that there is no A-Record for dolphin.fr.

Besides this, the problem is with cbl.abuseat.org rather than with Spamhaus.
So you need to get out of the cbl.abuseat.org blacklist.

--
Stefan Seiz <http://www.StefanSeiz.com>
Spamto: <bin@imd.net>