From: Juergen Georgi <georgi@belwue.de>
Subject: Re: [*] McAfee plugin 3.8 released
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2007 10:46:08 +0200
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Hi,

On Fri 2007-09-07 (05:34), Technical Support, Stalker Labs wrote:
> Hello,
>  Juergen Georgi on 06.09.2007 17:56 wrote:
>
>> On Tue 2007-09-04 (09:20), freddy.frouin@bt.com wrote:
>>> It looks like the archive for Intel has some data in wrong path:
>>>
>>> CGPMcAfee/engine/engine/ instead of CGPMcAfee/engine/
>>> CGPMcAfee/avvdat/avvdat/ instead of CGPMcAfee/avvdat/
>
> It was an error in the packer of 3.8, it should be fixed in 3.9

It was fixed in the Linux package. The v3.9 Solaris tar ball
is still broken.

>> In addition there have been changes to the ld paths in libsunfv.so:
>>         libCrun.so.1 =>  /lib/libCrun.so.1
>> [...]
>> Please avoid hidden changes like this.
>
> Sorry, the libsubfv.so is from McAfee and we didn't know about such
> changes.

This change will probably hit other installations as well.
In Solaris 8, there is /usr/lib/libCrun.so.1 and
/lib/libCrun.so.1, because /lib is a symlink to /usr/lib.

In Solaris 10 however, /lib/libCrun.so.1 doesn't exist at
all, there is only /usr/lib/libCrun.so.1.

Maybe you can mention the change in the release notes.
And tell McAfee to fix libsubfv.so.

Regards,

-Juergen