From: Graeme Fowler <G.E.Fowler@lboro.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: Private Entries In A Shared Calendar
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2007 14:31:02 +0100
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
On Thu, 2007-09-06 at 06:25 -0700, Gerry Valle wrote:
> My searches in the archives have yielded no solutions to the problem below:
>
> "If a user makes an appointment private it vanishes from anyone who has
> view rights over their calendar making double booking of appointments a
> probability.  I would have expected it to show an appointment but
> withhold any details."

> Has anyone come up with a solution or workaround?  Do newer versions of
> MAPI/CGPro solve the problem?  This has become a huge issue for my firm.

I have had made a similar observation to Tech Support and was told this
isn't a "problem" per se, it's a design decision that the developers
have made.

I'd like to see the option in the management GUI to turn this behaviour
on - ie. to hide private appointments - or off, to show their existence
but not content. After all, you can look at the Free/Busy data and see
that someone is busy whether the appointment is private or not.

I suggest you take it up with your supplier (if it isn't CGS), or with
CGS directly.

Graeme