From: Christoph Roethlisberger <christoph@interway.ch>
Subject: RE: A script or a rule to block forged addresses ?
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2007 08:41:08 +0200
To: <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
I think that you're looking for SPF, as this is exactly what you try to do with this rule.
You can build your own SPF rule here: www.openspf.org, but normally it should look somehow like "v=spf1 mx -all" or "v=spf1 mx a:mail.mydomain.com -all

This will not reject authenticated sender that will use your domain, but any unauthenticated email you're receiving that has you domain set as sender address.

Christoph Roethlisberger

----- Original Message ----- From: "cherif abarguia" <abarguia@mail.belgavillage.be>
Sent: Tuesday, September 04, 2007 12:34 PM
Subject: A script or a rule to block forged addresses ?

Hi,

2 simple questions:

Is there a script to stop forged addresses ?

I wish to know if the following rule is enough stop forged addresses

[source] [not in] trusted, authenticated
[From] [in] *@MyHostedDomains.com , *Mailer-Daemon*
[return-Path] [not in] *@MyHostedDomains.com , *Mailer-Daemon*
[reject] or [Discard]

Running CGPRO 4.2.10 under Mac OS X