From: A Ballesteros <ab@communigate.com>
Subject: Re: native SIP client on WM6
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2007 11:11:59 -0700
To: <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>, <bvt@communigate.com>
On Tue, 04 Sep 2007 06:04:02 -0700
 Boris Tyshkevich <bvt@communigate.com> wrote:
A Ballesteros wrote:
HP iPAQ Voice Messenger
[.....]
WiFi Capable
VoIP calling capable with CGatePro

VoIP with this phone was possible with a native SIP client or with third party software ?

I have not been able to get the native SIP client to register with CommuniGate Pro. However, another CommuniGate Pro user is able to register and called me with this phone. The phone status (in CGP) of his registration displayed as RTC.

 That client writes something like RTC/1.4 in User-Agent field, so SIP workaround rule RTC/* is applied.

 WM6 SIP phone don't support NTLM auth, so SIP REGISTER fail.  You should disable MS SIP workaround for that type of UA, to use DIGEST auth instead.

Boris.
PS. Thanks  to German Myzovsky from Tario.

Thank you Boris and German. The workaround for generic RTC/* was changed to RTC/1.3* (to maintain Windows Messenger IM support). Now the RTC/1.4 string the phone sends does not match that workaround setting and the HP Voice Messenger 510 phone is able to register with the server.

Sincerely,
Azdio