From: Bret Miller <bret.miller@wcg.org>
Subject: RE: A script or a rule to block forged addresses ?
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2007 09:05:12 -0700
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
> 2 simple questions:
>
> Is there a script to stop forged addresses ?

Not AFAIK.

> I wish to know if the following rule is enough stop forged addresses
>
> [source] [not in] trusted, authenticated
> [From] [in] *@MyHostedDomains.com , *Mailer-Daemon*
> [return-Path] [not in] *@MyHostedDomains.com , *Mailer-Daemon*
> [reject] or [Discard]
>
> Running CGPRO 4.2.10 under Mac OS X

How about setting the domain to "force auth" for "non-clients"? The force auth setting requires authentication for from addresses in your domain(s). If you set it to non-clients, it requires authentication from anyone outside your network in order to send email from accounts in your domain(s).

Bret