From: A Ballesteros <ab@communigate.com>
Subject: Re: AirSync (ActiveSync) Beta
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 09:23:25 -0700
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
On Thu, 30 Aug 2007 17:42:12 +0200
 "Amiel Lavon" <amiel@terravirtual.net> wrote:
Bonjour,

On Thu, 30 Aug 2007 00:13:44 +0200
 "Jon R. Doyle" <jdoyle@communigate.com> wrote:
HP iPAQ Voice Messenger
[.....]
WiFi Capable
VoIP calling capable with CGatePro

VoIP with this phone was possible with a native SIP client or with third party software ?

I have not been able to get the native SIP client to register with CommuniGate Pro. However, another CommuniGate Pro user is able to register and called me with this phone. The phone status (in CGP) of his registration displayed as RTC.

I dont think the SIP software on this phone is very mature based on my difficulty in getting the phone to register and other information I have found online. Perhaps in my case the presence of an "Edge" network from the mobile service provider interferes with the SIP client using the WiFi interface to attempt registration. I have not been able to see CGP logs for this because it appears that the phone is simple not reaching CGP via the WiFi interface.

This is what I have found:

The other user I mention above suggested to me that it helps to configure the phone, then remove the battery and restart the phone a few times before realizing registration. This indicates some type of problem to me.

Documentation says that you can only use the HP setup assistant to setup VoIP on this phone.

If you navigate the filesystem on this phone and go to the Windows Directory there is a SIPSettings.exe executable. This program when executed appears to allow you to configure more SIP options, but this has not worked for me either.

There is a .CAB file somewhere online that is supposed to provide a better or working SIP software, but I am not brave enough to try this as I cannot tell the source of this package named something similar to WM6Voip.cab.

Here we tested Nokia E61 with mail for exchange 1.6 and 2.0 (it's a nokia software included on all E-Series). It's work fine with 5.2c1i

Great news! Thanks very much for reporting this.

E61 has an embbeded SIP client that work well with CGP 5.1.x for simple call.  but we noticed some troubles with more advance features like transfer and click to dial.

If you have logs of the problems please send them to us via support@communigate.com.

Sincerely,
Azdio