From: Graeme Fowler <G.E.Fowler@lboro.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: AirSync (ActiveSync) Beta
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 17:15:12 +0100
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
All

On Wed, 2007-08-29 at 15:13 -0700, Jon R. Doyle wrote:
> We will soon be posting early "current branch" builds of CGatePro ver5.2cxx
> which will include the initial support of AirSync, the "over the air"
> version of ActiveSync. You can register for an account on www.TalktoIP.com
> and try this out now in beta form. We have tested the following devices
> successfully, and I know several of our partners have tried others. It would
> be great if you do test, to notify us of any issues and posting results or
> comment on support.communigate.com.

I've just successfully synced an Orange SPV M600 (a WM5 device) to my
talktoip.com account. I only did email and contacts, but the sync worked
bidirectionally and push functions worked as expected for email too.

Sweet!

Hoping this doesn't sound like a glib question... when does SyncML
support arrive? Having both (Active) AirSync and SyncML would be a great
set of functionality, covering as it does just about the entire world's
mobile devices. Apart from those Blackberry things, of course ;-)

Graeme