From: Philip Slater <pslater@communigate.com>
Subject: Re: Relaying.
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 17:37:17 -0700
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>

On Aug 27, 2007, at 2:03 PM, Bret Miller wrote:

On CommuniGate 5.0.13

Settings->SMTP->Relaying->Relay To Client IP Addresses
has 3 options.

any
simple
no

Am I correct in assuming that 'no' disables that form of
relaying entirely?  We had that originally set for a couple business
customers that have since moved away and I want to remove it now.

Right. In general, you're better off using the router to enable relay for
specific domains rather than generically allowing relay to any client IP.

Setting it to NO would only mean that there was no relaying of email UNLESS there was SMTP Authentication. All RELAY does at the domain level, as well as the account level, is specify that those using SMTP Authentication can relay through the system (Option used for webmail only locations)

CommuniGate Pro Training
If interested please contact sales@communigate.com

Philip Slater
Professional Services