From: Bret Miller <bret.miller@wcg.org>
Subject: RE: RDNS lookup without mail rejection?
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 09:03:16 -0700
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
I'm pretty sure creating a filter checking the rdns would be quite easy to create. A simple perl script would do, which could later be translated in a binary filter if proven useful.

If several people would be interested in such a filter, let me know, I will see what I can do. Give me your expected specs :-)

Nicolas
It's possible to do that, but again, adding the information so that SpamAssassin can see it and use it is another matter. AFAIK, the only way to do that is to discard and reinject the mesasge. I'll probably take a shot at parsing the Received header, doing the lookup, and modifying the header in CGPSA prior to calling SA. It would just be easier if CGPro could act like a real MTA and do this for you without rejecting stuff.

Bret