From: Nicolas Hatier <nicolas.hatier@niversoft.com>
Subject: Re: Case Study Request
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 00:08:11 -0400
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>

On an IMAP mail client and in webmail, you can selectively create a mbox folder by naming it "myfolder.mbox", and a mdir folder by naming it "myfolder.mdir". The final name of the folder will be "myfolder" but will be created as you want.

Note that some IMAP mail clients will become confused since they will add the full folder name with the .mdir or .mbox extension in the subscription. You just need to open the IMAP subscription, refresh, uncheck the .mdir folder and select the real one. Webmail will also create a subscription to the .mdir folder, you will need to clear it from settings/subscription

Nicolas

Lyn wrote:
I have to ask - how do you selectively make one folder mbox and another folder mdir?