From: Ben Hanes <bhanes@chori.org>
Subject: Re: Case Study Request
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 19:06:12 -0700
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Dave,

Right now we have ~2,000,000 files for ~130GB.  We hover around 400 users.  All mailboxes have been mdir.  I just deleted the Junk folders and recreated them as mbox.  We use the SpamCatcher plugin for CGP.  Hoping this change will at least minimize the crashes.  I'll keep you posted.

A few questions:
How long have you been running on this G5 xserve with 10.4 OS?
What version of CGP are you running?
How many Users?
What are you using for SPAM? CGP filter or Appliance? (I ask this because the crashes seem to coincide with SPAM bursts.  This is why I tackled the Junk folders first.)

Ben