From: Bret Miller <bret.miller@wcg.org>
Subject: RE: RDNS lookup without mail rejection?
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 11:18:37 -0700
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
> Have you got to the bottom of this? does integrating with SpamAssassin
> help?
>
> On Wed, 2007-08-22 at 08:46 -0700, Bret Miller wrote:
> > Is there a way to tell CGPro to lookup and record the
> reverse DNS of the
> > sending host in the received header without rejecting email
> if HELO or MAIL FROM is wrong?

No. Haven't figured this out. I suspect it's not possible.

The idea is that SpamAssassin DOESN'T do its own RDNS lookup, so it's necessary for the MTA to provide that information. BUT, I have a few people we need to remain in contact with who have very badly configured mail servers.

So, I want the information without the rejection so it can be processed by rules and helpers. I realize that I could manage this myself, but then every rule and helper that needs the information has to do it itself because you can't add it to the header and have another rule's helper see that information.

So I guess this becomes a feature request that will likely never be done... And I'll have to write my own code to do it again. <sigh>

Bret