From: Andre Mueller <andre.mueller@himmel-blau.com>
Subject: Problems with Mail Redirection Option "Preserve To/CC fields"
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 22:21:41 +0200
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>

CommuniGate Pro : 5.1.10

Hello

Some of our users on our CommuniGate Pro 5.1.10 server have enabled since long-time in their accounts the "Mail Redirection" rule. Now since some weeks, all users having activated for the mail redirection rule the corresponding option "Preserve To/Cc fields", do not any more get redirected/forwarded incoming mail, if the sender of the incoming mail is not part of their domain. The target mail-servers (other ISPs and domains) are refusing the redirected/forwarded mails with the message "... we refuse to relay".

If our users are deactivating the option "Preserve To/Cc fields" the same target mail-servers do not complain at all and our users are getting the mails to their target mailbox as they did since ever. Doing so, unfortunately the CC fields are dropped - in some cases the CC field contains a very import information, now missing.

Is there any way that CommuniGate Pro is preserving the CC fields but the header will be conforming to the more and more restricting rules applied by most mail-servers today?

Many thanks in advance and best regards,