From: Andy Kunkle <akunkle@aimengr.com>
Subject: RE: Copying Messages to Multiple Servers
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 10:40:31 -0400
To: 'CommuniGate Pro Discussions' <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>

What about offline IMAP? You would basically setup a server that would be the main server, and then create an IMAP session that would sync with that server and pull down a copy every so often (5 minutes? 15 minutes) This way, the mail would be in both places, and if an outage occurs, you would simply redirect DNS to the other backup server…

Andy Kunkle

IT Administrator

AIM Engineering & Surveying, Inc.

5300 Lee Blvd