From: Jon R. Doyle <jdoyle@communigate.com>
Subject: Re: Forward e-mail as SMS ?
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 22:04:18 -0700
To: <cgatepro@communigate.com>
Hello;

This costs me points and I have to fill up the points-box before it's empty, which costs me money (about >10 cents a SMS).

Ask your provider. It's the easiest solution.

You can get quite creative with CGP and SMS, if you look at the rules engine, you can see that you can start applications and URLs It would not take much imagination to write a small CG/PL app that could go to a url, logon, and send SMS...... Many Mobile Operators provide free SMS from their website into their network and outbound.

There are also many other interesting things going on with companies like Clickatell, Callwave, and SpinVOX. Having links, widgets, or calls to these applications from CGP or the Pronto! framework could make a nice system for event alerts and rules based work flows.

Regards,

Jon