From: Paul Chauvet <chauvetp@newpaltz.edu>
Subject: Re: Incorperating CGate into a Portal Page
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 13:27:14 -0400
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
> From:   "Breton, Michael"
> > We are moving to make our homepage a lot more portal-like with user
> > customized content.  I was wondering if anyone has been able to
> > access a CGate server via a webpage.  Similar to seeing your Hotmail
> > inbox on your MSN homepage, or your Gmail inbox on your Google
> > homepage
>
> Hi Mike,
>
> You might want to take a look at this list message on the Portal topic:
>    http://mail.stalker.com/Lists/CGatePro/Message/82692.html
>
> We have a CreateWebUserSession script around here somewhere, we'll try
> to get it out on the Support Forum in the near future...
>
> Sincerely,
>  -t

Since Thom was kind enough to point us in the right direction in the
past, I can pass along the information we used to integrate CGP (with
Single Signon) into our "Luminis" portal.

We just use a single sign on link to the e-mail, we don't open a window
inside the portal with a 'preview' of the e-mail or anything but I
suppose that could be done with a small/light weight webskin like SPID.
Alternatively you could write a program which accesses the user's
mailbox through IMAP and gives a preview of their Inbox (perhaps listing
the number of unread messages in the Inbox?).

For more information on how we did our single signon see
http://www.paulchauvet.org/cgp/

The 'CGPSessions.java' file linked on that page is what we used to have
our portal create a session and kill old sessions.

Hope this helps.