From: Bret Miller <bret.miller@wcg.org>
Subject: RE: New Email Notification
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 12:41:06 -0700
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
> Is there an easy way to turn off the new email notification
> window that pops
> up when your using the Web mail Interface. I don't like how
> it pops up over everything else. Hinders my work flow.

I don't think you can do it per user, but you can create a strings.data setting to override that for the server/domain in Simplex-based skins. The setting is:

prefNewMailAlert = "No";

You can make it user-selectable by creating a new skin for it, so you'd have Simplex and Simplex (no new mail alert). To do that:

In Users > Skins, create a new skin
Create a strings.data file that contains these lines:
{
ParentSkinName = "Simplex";
prefNewMailAlert = "No";
}
Using Users > Skins, upload that strings.data to your new skin.

The new skin should then look and act like Simplex, but shouldn't alert you to new mail.

Bret