From: Technical Support <support@stalker.com>
Subject: Re: External access to CGPRO's LDAP directory
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 22:26:11 +0400
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Hello,

Niall O Broin wrote:
I'm just starting to look at this, and I'm sure I'll have plenty more questions but I just have one for now. I'm using ldapsearch on a Linux box just for tests, and while I can query the directory if I specify -x (which means use plain text) if I don't do this, and SASL is used, I can't connect. I get this:

SASL/DIGEST-MD5 authentication started
Please enter your password:

and after entering the password I get

ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: Invalid credentials (49)
        additional info: account is not available on this system

Looking in the CGPro logs I see this

22:33:07.80 1 LDAP-00006([xxx.yyy.zzz.aaa]) failed to open 'root'. Connection from [xxx.yyy.zzz.aaa:1704]. Error Code=account is not available on this system

When I first saw this error I created root as an alias for postmaster, and when that didn't work I created a separate root account, but still no joy.  If I use -x, I don't even get asked for a password and I get what I ask for.

Any suggestions?

Looks like you have modified the default router record

<root>    = postmaster ; alias to route the mail addressed to 'root'

that's why 'root' can not be found.
You may want to try using -U option with ldapsearch to specify authentication account name (postmaster) explicitly.

__
Kindest regards,

Niall  O Broin
MakaluMedia Group | http://makalumedia.com | +49 6151 8724600

MakaluMedia Internet & Engineering Services GmbH | Robert-Bosch Strasse 7 | 64293 Darmstadt | Germany
Geschäftsführer: Matt Henderson | Sitz der Gesellschaft: Darmstadt | Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Darmstadt HRB 6911

Best regards,
Dmitry Akindinov