From: billc <billc_lists@greenbuilder.com>
Subject: Re: port 587 and authentication
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 02:38:58 -0500
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
At 8:50 AM +1000 8/16/07, Jeremy Webber wrote:

I work in a mixed platform environment where I need to permit unauthenticated hosts within our LAN to send email so the UNIX and embedded systems which use SMTP directly can work, but I would like to prohibit road-warrior clients from sending to port 25 unauthenticated (remote access to our mail server is a requirement).

Put your LAN addresses in the Settings => Network =>Lan IPs =>Lan IP Addresses.

for example:

192.168.0.1-192.168.0.255

then go to  Settings => Network => Client IPs

and check "Process LAN IP adresses as Clients".

and mail from them will be allowed.

--
Bill Christensen
<http://greenbuilder.com/contact/>