From: cherif abarguia <abarguia@mail.belgavillage.be>
Subject: Re: Cgate and DNS Server on the same computer ?
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 08:36:40 +0200
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Thank you Lyle. Very clear and helpful explanations.

Cherif ABARGUIA

On 14 août 07, at 04:12, Lyle Giese wrote:

Cherif,
CGPro does not listen on an entire ip address. BIND or any other dns
servers software does not occupy an ip address. They listen on ports
assigned to an ip address.  CGPro does not bind itself to udp or tcp
port 53.  BIND or any real dns server binds to udp and tcp port 53, so
there is no conflict here.

An ip address has the potential to hold thousands of listeners on
different ports.

Lyle

cherif abarguia wrote:
Thanks for your answer, Marcel
What if there are more than two IP adresses ? CGP is running three
domain names, each one is assigned a fixed IP address.
What will be the problem if cgate is listening to all the addresses,
including the ethernet one,  assigned to the DNS Server ?

ch. abarguia