From: Lyle Giese <lyle@lcrcomputer.net>
Subject: Re: Cgate and DNS Server on the same computer ?
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 21:12:23 -0500
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Cherif,
CGPro does not listen on an entire ip address. BIND or any other dns
servers software does not occupy an ip address. They listen on ports
assigned to an ip address.  CGPro does not bind itself to udp or tcp
port 53.  BIND or any real dns server binds to udp and tcp port 53, so
there is no conflict here.

An ip address has the potential to hold thousands of listeners on
different ports.

Lyle