From: Jon R. Doyle <jdoyle@communigate.com>
Subject: RE: Linksys SPA3102
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 17:42:53 -0700
To: <cgatepro@communigate.com>
Hello;

- I had some problem to connect it to the french PTSN, if someone has any details about this, would be interesting.

Have a look on th regional tab, on older firmware there was a setting on the bottom of the page for voltages, and setting that to auto or "global" worked for me in Sao Paulo, which uses Euro standards.

On the newer SPA I have here in the US it is listed under the PSTN line TAB and like the below:

International Control
FXO Port Impedance:

Setting that to "Global" might do the trick.

In the USA I also had to increase the volume, or SPA to PSTN Gain, this is because the phone on the FXS, my Siemens home phone, sounded too light to people on the other end. These things take a little time to adjust, but from my experience, once they are set, they are just a "little black box" you can forget about.

It sure would be great if the US/UK would follow international standards, but until then you have to go the extra mile :~)

Regards,

Jon