From: Brian Gibson <bgibson@wheatonma.edu>
Subject: Re: Accessing email accounts
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 16:26:36 -0400
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
If you do use local passwords you can look for the word "Password" inside that users account.settings file and the plain text password is there.

Paul Chauvet wrote:
On Mon, 2007-08-13 at 14:55 -0500, Randall R. Saeks wrote:
I am in the need to access a users mailbox, and I don't really want to
change their password to get into their account.

Is there a quick and easy way as the server admin that I can create a
new folder in the Web app to their mail box?

Thanks in advance.

You can access an existing folder as the postmaster (or any other user
with control over that domain) and open the remote folder.  How you do
so depends on the skin/layout you're using but the actual folder you
want to open is:

~user@domain/FolderName
(FolderName is case sensitive)
You can't create a folder that way.

Alternatively (if you use an external authentication system as we do)
you can change enable the 'local' password temporarily and set it to an
arbitrary value.  Disable the local password when done.  This is of
course useless if you primarily use local passwords for the ac

The only other method is to use the CLI to create a folder.  The below
link has more information on that:
http://www.communigate.com/CommuniGatePro/CLI.html#Mailbox

--

Brian Gibson