From: John Rudd <jrudd@ucsc.edu>
Subject: Re: Cgate and DNS Server on the same computer ?
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 06:40:08 -0700
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>

When I've run BIND on the same host as CGP, I have had them use the same IP addr without any problem.

Marcel Hochuli wrote:
Hi

I have the same setup here: Two IP addresses on a Xserve G4. I assigned the first to CGP and the second to Men and Mice DNS.

You have to set up CGP manually, to listen only to the one address (on every listener) and to send on the same address. You also have to set up DNS manually to listen only to the other address (this has to be done in the config-files, as Men and Mice Suite has no GUI for this setting).

On my old setup (replaced in the middle of 2006), I had also two IPs on the same machine but the first IP was DNS and the second was CGP.

Both variants work(ed) seamless.

Marcel