From: Stefan Seiz <TalkLists@index-s.de>
Subject: Re: Store mail on two locations simultaneously.
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 09:39:06 +0200
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
On 13.08.2007 9:17 Uhr "Johan Wynne" <johan.wynne@further.se> wrote:

> Hi.
> I would like to store all incoming mail simultaneously on:
> 1) /var/CommuniGate/Domains/domain.tld (Default)
> AND:
> 2) /mnt/external-disk/var/CommuniGate/Domains/domain.tld
>
> I would like (2) to be an "on-the-fly" backup of (1) so
> that all mail is saved to both locations before the users
> recieve the mail.
> Therefore, some sort of rsync option is not what I have in
> mind.
> The plan is to let the users access
> /var/CommuniGate/Domains/domain.tld as usual, and never
> delete any mail on
> /mnt/external-disk/var/CommuniGate/Domains/domain.tld. When
> the external disk is full, just switch to a new one.
>
> The reason for storing all mail simultaneously on two
> locations like this is of course to have an easy-to-access
> backup of all mail.
>
> How is this accomplished? Is there an easy setup in
> CommuniGate I've overlooked?
>
> Best regards, Johan Wynne.

There is no option in CGP i know of which does exactly what you describe
above.

However, the Intercept functionality of CGP might achieve the same results -
a backup of all mail. Except the format wouldn't allow to just drop the
backup into a live server.

See: http://mail.stalker.com/Guide/Intercept.html

--
Stefan Seiz <http://www.StefanSeiz.com>