From: Chaminda Indrajith <indrajith@adm.sltidc.lk>
Subject: Re: PDF Spam
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 09:22:24 +0530
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Yes clients are using SMTP AUTH, therefore I can blacklist whole internet. By the way, does it affect the POP3 and IMAP of the CGPro Server.

Regards
Chaminda Indrajith

On Thu, 09 Aug 2007 07:51:09 -0500
 Dave Pooser <dave-stalker@pooserville.com> wrote:
Is there a way blocking these direct spammers? I cannot block the SMTP
connections to the CGPro Server from outside, since our customers are
sending mails to outside using e-mail clients through the CGPro
Server.

If your customers use SMTP authentication you can blacklist the whole
Internet, then whitelist your gateway; your clients will be able to make
authenticated connections but the rest of the Internet will be forced to use
your gateway.
-- Dave Pooser
Cat-Herder-in-Chief, Pooserville.com
"...Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving
safely in one pretty and well-preserved piece, but to slide across the
finish line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, leaking oil, and
shouting GERONIMO!!!" -- Bill McKenna