From: Chaminda Indrajith <indrajith@adm.sltidc.lk>
Subject: Re: PDF Spam
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 09:15:51 +0530
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Hi Bret,
Our CGPro (5.1.11) is running on Redhat Enterprise Linux 5.
Regards
Chaminda Indrajith

On Thu, 09 Aug 2007 12:38:23 -0700
 "Bret Miller" <bret.miller@wcg.org> wrote:
I have applied the Sanesecurity phishing/scam signatures for ClamAV running on our mail gateway. It works really well and catches hug amount  of spams.

But I have another problem. Although I have a Mail Gateway in front of our CGPro Server which scans all the incoming mails to CGPro server, some smart spammers deliver spam mails directly to the CGPro Server. As en extra defense, McAfee Anti-Virus plugin and MailShell SpamCatcher plugin are running in CGPro server. But still spam mails are coming to mailboxes.

Is there a way blocking these direct spammers? I cannot block the SMTP connections to the CGPro Server from outside, since our customers are sending mails to outside using e-mail clients through the CGPro Server.

You could run ClamAV on your CGPro box instead of or in addition to McAfee.
Doing so requires a 3rd-party plugin, but there are free plugins for most
platforms. We'd need to know what OS you're on to post a suggested one.

Bret