From: Jeff Wark <jwark@tbaytel.net>
Subject: Re: How do I allow relaying from a given mail server?
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2007 08:57:57 -0400
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Can't you just put the IP address of the mail server in your client IP list?

On Thu, 9 Aug 2007 13:48:47 +0100
 Richard Cheesman <r.cheesman@camerapress.com> wrote:
Hello,

I need to allow my CGP v 4.0.1 to let a partners mail server send messages that would appear to be relaying.

The partner hosts a database for us it has a facility where database users can send e-mails from the server to our clients. These e-mails appear to clients as originating from our domain because the default e-mail address id that of a member of staff. As a check prscess the mail is sent to my member of staff.

But of course my cgp won't accept e-mails from another mailserver claiming to be from the camerapress domain!

How can I get cgp to accept mails from the other mailserver when using an apparent from address of auser@camerapress.com?

Richard Cheesman
Digital Systems Manager

This e-mail has been sent from Camera Press Ltd., and is intended for the above named recipient only. It may contain privileged or confidential information, and is protected by copyright. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies. If you are not the intended recipient you may not use, disclose, or copy this e-mail or any files attached to it. Any views or opinions expressed within this e-mail and its attachments are those of the author only and do not necessarily represent those of Camera Press Ltd. Whilst Camera Press Ltd. makes every effort to maintain the integrity and security of its e-mails it does not accept any responsibility for viruses that may be transmitted with this e-mail or its attachments; you must scan for these.

camera press
21 Queen Elizabeth Street
London
SE1 2PD
t. +44 (0) 20 7378 1300
f. +44 (0) 20 7278 5126

camera press limited, registered in england no. 444869, vat registration no. (gb) 380 6044 64

Jeff Wark
TBayTel Internet