From: Martin Miller <anothersphere@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: PDF Spam
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 19:00:23 +1200
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Other than spam catcher what anti spam mechanisms are you using?
I use spamassassin, spf and domain keys verify and RBL's to mark likely suspects.
You can also use a plugin from  http://www.niversoft.com/products/cgscripts/pro#find_attachments to identify PDF and perhaps filter them more closely

On 09/08/07, Matt Hemingway < matt.hemingway@pcnalert.com> wrote:
Howdy!

As most of you are (I hope we're not the only ones :),
we've been getting pounded with PDF spam recently.  No
body in the message, just a PDF attachment.  SpamCatcher
has been doing an okay job at catching it however many are
still coming through.

Just wondering what ways (if any) many of you are stopping
it?  CGPro users seem to be a creative bunch so I hope
your replys will be as well.

Alot of our business revolves around PDFs so I'm a little
hesitant to implement any of my ideas to stop/slow it and
am looking for some of your ideas.  I don't recall a
discussion on this and an archive search turned up nada so
sorry if this is a duplicate.

--
Martin Miller - Director