From: Lyle Giese <lyle@lcrcomputer.net>
Subject: Outlook - disabled items
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2007 21:41:59 -0500
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
I had seen the symptoms, but never figured out the underlying issue
until today.  At a client, we use a public user for the company address
book and for several common address books.

Suddenly, we were finding isolated users unable to access these folders
as address books.  They were still flagged as contact folders, but right
click and no option to use them as address book folders.

I was comparing a working machine to a non-functioning when I noticed
under Tools, About Microsoft Outlook, there is a Disabled Items button.
Well guess what I found there? cgmxp32.dll

Enable it and presto full functionality restored.  This was on Outlook
2002.  I had seen this only once before with Outlook 2003 & someone's
IPhone addons, but just never put the two togther here since on the
IPhone addon issue, Outlook always came up with an informational message
telling you it had disabled something.  This was a silent disable.

Hope this helps someone else!

Lyle Giese
LCR Computer Services, Inc.