From: Pascal Robert <probert@os.ca>
Subject: Re: Moving to Exchange
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2007 11:40:35 -0400
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
We run it as a customer site (90 mailboxes).

Pros :

- Supports for Entourage (for me, it's a con, but that's an another matter)

- The WebMail is pretty cool, in fact we were thinking of moving people from Entourage/Outlook to WebMail

- The admin interface is way easier to use than CGP (but it's a desktop app, who runs on Windows, OS X or Linux)

- Cheaper than CGP

Cons :

- No APIs, and more closed than CGP

- No support for auto-accepting calendar events (for rooms, etc.), and the basic rules system don't allows those kind of things.  We had to supply our own solution (I wrote a Java app that use JavaMail for auto accepting events)

- No offline access for Outlook users, since the data store is only on the server

As long as were talking about other mail servers, as anyone tried the Kerio mail server. It supports groupware for Mac & PC, for both Outlook and Entourage.

Aaron Willems
Systems Administrator
Lieberman Productions
Philo Television