From: Jona Tallieu (T & T NV) <Junk@tnt.be>
Subject: mail Rerouting Joe-Jobbed
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2007 08:51:58 +0200
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Hi all,

we're currently using our CGP 5.1.10 server on OSX as a mail relay filter for a client who is using his own internal mailserver.
Primary MX points to us, we filter the mail, store SPAM in a mailbox and redirect all good mail to the clients mailserver.

On our CGP server we created a domain: client.com
In this domain we have 1 mailbox called "spam".
And in the domain-settings we set "Mail to Unknown" to be Rerouted to  *%client.com@mail.client.com.smtp

We have the client domain in our CGPSA scan list.  When a message has a high spam score, we store that message inside the spam account.

Now we are getting joe-jobbed and all bounces are returned to us, creating a lot of un-needed mail to get send to the clients mailserver, and eating our spam-scanning resources.

How can we solve this?

We tried doing this in the router:

account1@searchselection.com = account1%searchselection.com@mail.searchselection.com.smtp
account2@searchselection.com = account2%searchselection.com@mail.searchselection.com.smtp
account3@searchselection.com = account3%searchselection.com@mail.searchselection.com.smtp
account4@searchselection.com = account4%searchselection.com@mail.searchselection.com.smtp

and just listing all accounts that do exist.

But then we get a user-unknown when we de-activate the Rerouting in the domain settings of the client.com domain.

Also, will CGPSA still process mail redirected in the router like this?

Anyone?

Thanks!

J.