From: Communigate Forum <communigate@communik8.net>
Subject: Re: Moving to Exchange
Date: Sat, 04 Aug 2007 22:42:17 +0100
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
hi,

always make me laugh these exchange chaps asking people who use cgp in preference how they should go about setting up stuff in exchange.

one has to assume they have a very high regard for people who use cgp even though themselves don't want too.. ironic really!!

rup

Dan Wright wrote:
Hi all,

Does anyone have advice for moving from Communigate 5.0.11 with clients using Outlook 2003 and the MAPI connector to Exchange 2007?

I have been moving data by exporting and importing through a PST.  Exchange 2007 throws errors in some cases when working with items that were originally processed by the MAPI connector.

The error is MapiExceptionPropsDontMatch and I am guessing it is from finding a attribute on the message that it didn't put there.

I can move the data with AddrLoad from Connected Software but it treats everything as a email message so it messes up contacts and calendar items.

Has anyone done this migration yet?  I would love to learn from your experience.

Thanks,

Dan