From: Peter Leye <pleye@sixco.ae>
Subject: Re: authBackupChecker script not working?
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2007 20:36:16 +0400
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Keith,

In your first message, you were showing the log extract of your backup MX,
for authBackupChecker2.pl
However, in the manual test, you use authBackupChecker.pl

These 2 scripts work differently.
authBackupChecker2.pl will accept a message, if the primary MX would accept
it. So, this script causes your backup MX to reject messages, which it
receives, and which are addressed to users unknown to the primary, while the
primary is ON.

Whereas authBackupChecker.pl will NOT accept mail if it detects that the
primary is simply ON, because it wants the sender to go direct to the
primary server.

It's best to check both scripts manually first.
Then, in your backup MX, what is the log level setting under Settings /
General / Helpers?
Maybe if you increase the log level there to All Info, you'd see more in the
backup MX's log?

Best regards,

Peter Leye