From: Gavin Lawrie <gavin.lawrie@2gc.co.uk>
Subject: CGP Error "BER: wrong 'constructed' data type" [was Certificates help needed...]
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 23:36:41 +0100
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Hello again...

On 1 Aug 2007, at 18:10, Gavin Lawrie wrote:

Tried creating a certificate again.  This time the process died, but showed me the 'secure email settings' after this error.  I tried 'exporting' the certificate as before, but CGP reported that it could not find the file?

Logged out and back in.

The account I was testing is now saying "Secure Mail is Locked" when I go to the 'Secure Email' settings.  But when I enter the 'Secure Email' password, CGP sends back an error "Account does not have an S/MIME Certificate".

If CGP won't progress beyond this point I don't seem to be able to unset the secure email setting via webmail.  Is there (I hope) some other way to remove this setting and start process again?

I'm still not sure why CGP won't create the certificate normally as per help files.  Any ideas on this would be valuable.

I restored the account from backup and tried again... this time I managed to create the certificate (but same error messages as before).  Able to download it, but when I then tried to upload it to delete the key I get the error message "BER: wrong 'constructed' data type" and it refuses to delete the key.

So sounds like the problem is in the record for this account in the Directory.  Anyone know how I can check / update / correct this?

Hopefully at some point soon I'll hit some aspect of the topic that someone out there knows something about... ;)

Regards

Gavin Lawrie

2GC Limited is a limited company registered in England and Wales.
Address: Albany House, Market Street, Maidenhead, Berkshire, SL6 8BE.
Contact: +44 (0) 1628 421506 //
info@2gc.co.uk
Registered number: 3754183.
Registered office:16, Wentworth Road, Oxford OX2 7TQ.

http://www.2gc.co.uk/