From: Gavin Lawrie <gavin.lawrie@2gc.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Darwin Error #22? [fixed]
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 17:29:37 +0100
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Hello Shaun, Dimitry

On 1 Aug 2007, at 10:16, Technical Support wrote:

Gavin Lawrie wrote:
Hello,
Anyone able to advise what this error is likely to be being caused by?
21:14:04.906 1 DNR-002444(domain.tld) TXT-request to udp:[xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]:53 failed. Error Code=Apple MacOS X Darwin error #22

Does your MacOS server run with multiple network interfaces? Is the IP address referred in the log record above routable from all of those interfaces?

Thanks for help etc.
Regards
Gavin Lawrie

It seems to be linked to a failure in the DN lookup provided by OS X.  Have no idea what triggered problem.  The server runs two network adapters, one 'looking out' and one on the internal network used for maintenance access etc., but is otherwise running unadulterated OS X 10.4.10 (Intel).  Nothing in logs of merit.

Thing I found strange is that if you search in Google for "Apple MacOS X Darwin error #22" you get no response at all... how in this modern era can a reported error not show up anywhere at all?  Most odd.  Presume the error code is coming from OS X and is simply relayed by CGP - but Apple's web sites appear to have nothing to say about this error.

Anyhow, a server reboot seems to have fixed problem for now.  I'll keep an eye out, and if it returns I'll try and do more diagnostics and work out what issue is.

Thanks for your help.

Gavin Lawrie

2GC Limited is a limited company registered in England and Wales.
Address: Albany House, Market Street, Maidenhead, Berkshire, SL6 8BE.
Contact: +44 (0) 1628 421506 // info@2gc.co.uk
Registered number: 3754183.Registered office:16, Wentworth Road, Oxford OX2 7TQ.
http://www.2gc.co.uk/